[ad_1]

Victoria firefighters have been in a position to douse a automobile fireplace, however the incident has crews reminding the general public to offer the proper info when calling 911.

Round 4 p.m. Monday, the Victoria Hearth Division was dispatched to Blanshard Road at Bay Road for a report {that a} automobile was on fireplace. Nevertheless, when crews arrived on scene, they realized the handle given over the cellphone was incorrect, the fireplace division says.

Seems the fireplace was instantly in entrance of CHEK Information’ constructing at 780 Kings Rd., which is a block away from the place it was reported to be.

“Fortunately, (the handle) was rapidly up to date, and Engine 3 was in a position to circle the block to 780 Kings (in entrance of our buddies at @chek_news) and get to work,” reads a social media post.

The submit included a video of crews placing out the fireplace, which appeared to have began within the engine of an older mannequin Toyota Camry.

“Upon arrival, flames have been exhibiting from the engine compartment. Crews used the bumper line and rapidly extinguished the fireplace with foam, which cools and blankets the gas floor, smothering the fireplace,” stated fireplace crews.

Whereas nobody was injured, they add that reporting the proper handle of a fireplace is vital as it might assist scale back response occasions.

“Only a fast reminder to be as correct as potential when calling 911 and giving info to dispatchers,” they stated.

“Whereas this incident labored out okay, it’s simple to see how delays ensuing from inaccurate info might result in severe penalties.”

READ ALSO: Victoria firefighting efforts hindered by tampered building water supply



[ad_2]

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *